Monday, May 9, 2011

"I TRIED MY BEST TO KEEP MY DISTANCE FROM YOUR DRESS..."

Photobucket
I'll be the first to admit that I have a truly indulgent and terrible habit of buying dresses that will only be worn once. I'm not celebrity, but I try to abide by the red carpet mantra that no dress should be worn twice. Over the years I've accumulated dozens of "one-time-wear" dresses that are hanging in my closet. Some I can still fit into while others are just getting lonelier by the year. Regardless of their impracticalness, I continue to fall in love with dresses that I know I'll never have the opportunity to wear or I may never have to guts to wear. The dress above stole my heart this past Sunday and even though I generally omit any dress with a single shoulder, this one was up there on my list of Dream Dresses. Paying homage to the always adorable Zooey Deschanel, I call this color "Zooey Blue" and if you personally know me then you are familiar with my fixation with her (just like every other 20-something year old). The actual color of this dress is much brighter as you can see and is very similar to something she would wear.
PhotobucketPhotobucket But, I must draw the line somewhere and stop giving into every dress that calls my name. I probably wasn't doing myself any favors by going shopping again after work and falling in love with two more. Sure, some of them may be outrageous, some might call them ugly or tacky, but in an idealistic world I would have a collection of all the stunning dresses that I've lusted over over the years. Oh, and simply because I couldn't help myself, here are two more I drooled over at the store today. Yes, both are impractical and yes, both are way overpriced, but that never stops me from buying them.
PhotobucketPhotobucket What is your opinion of dressy dresses? Can they be worn more than once?

No comments: