Thursday, June 16, 2011

OH, PEONIES...HOW I LOVE THEE

My life-long love affair with peonies and the most feminine of flowers has recently been rearing its ugly head and telling me to start my garden already. There is nothing that I love more than a fresh bouquet of flowers, however I'm very particular about what I put in my vases, especially my birthday gift from Matt's sister, Heather, this year.
These little bud vases from Pottery Barn were sent to me straight from heaven (via UPS) and I love finding the perfect little flowers for them. I keep them on my desk at work and they are a constant source of happiness throughout the day.

Currently, my main source of flowers, mainly roses, is from my parent's houses. Over the years they have tended to and nurtured some gorgeous rose bushes in a variety of colors. I tend to gravitate to the fuchsia and marigold colors, and as you can imagine their scent is out of this world. But lately I've been feeling the urge to plant my own garden so that I can make little bouquets from my own flowers and not have to rely on my parents'. Since our yard is small, I've narrowed it down to four different flowers that must grown in my garden. IN my opinion, these are the most beautiful blossoms ever and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they thrive in our hot weather and dry conditions.

PEONIES

HYDRANGEAS

SWEET PEAS

RANUNCULUS

No comments: